Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Society Cleaners honored to keep alive the memory of international musical legend

Celia Cruz by art photographer Alexis Rodriguez-Duarte.
The gown, being processed at Society Cleaners is in the collection
of the Smithsonian Institution.
The photograph is the cover of Presenting Celia Cruz (Clarkson Potter).



Her voice transcended cultures, #Celia Cruz was a sparkling presence worldwide. From the Olympia in Paris to Sesame Street to Central Park, her inimitable style left an imprint with audiences worldwide. A misnomer, “the Queen of Salsa,” does not apply to a singer of guarachas, son, boleros and rumbas. A schoolteacher, Ms. Cruz was a feminist icon: before the development of “feelin’” she proved that women could attract the attention of record buyers in Hispanic countries. President Bill Clinton awarded Ms. Cruz the National Medal of the Arts.

Celia Cruz at the Olympia, Paris

@Society Cleaners, an award-winning boutique dry cleaner in Coral Gables, was selected by the Celia Cruz Foundation to prepare the historical gown from the Smithsonian Institution that will be used in a South Florida concert honoring the memory of the legendary singer.  

Historical tapestries, gowns from the XVIII century, delicate garments of religious sculptures from the XIX century and liturgical vestments have been entrusted to the professional care of Society Cleaners. Celia Cruz’s gown, now in a museum collection and used in a book cover photograph, is being processed by the Coral Gables dry cleaner.  The image, known worldwide, was taken at Fairchild Tropical Garden by prominent New York art photographer Alexis Rodríguez Duarte  (The New Yorker, Vanity Fair, Vogue). 


Our company and its staff feel proud to add the Smithsonian and the Celia Cruz Foundation to our list of distinguished institutional clients. Thank you.  



Barcelona-based Lucrecia sings in Miami at tribute to Celia Cruz on
Saturday December 9th at 8:00 PM,
Dade County Auditorium - 305 547 5414 or ticketmaster 

9 comments:

  1. Hi! This article is so great! Thank you for sharing this awesome information. I liked the way you presented your information. I enjoy reading this blog which includes lots of helpful information its very interesting and amazing.I enjoyed it so much and thank you for a wonderful article, it helped me a lot. You have such a great mind to come up with this. And if you are in need to drycleaner services free to visit us and give us a call.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a remarkable one! This somehow help me to understand and feed my awareness about Drycleaner because this one is bothering me these past few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was nice to see and read this article of yours! Sometimes It’s hard to accept ideas came from sites because we don’t know if they are telling the truth, I think that your not like that, so I really admire your work! Have you thought about
    Drycleaner ?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having some fun time in searching for blogs that somehow caught my attention is the best thing I've done in my leisure time, and I was really interested in topics related to
    Dry cleaner since this really helpful for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Do you have any idea about dry cleaning services Singapore? I heard that you have some information about it, hope that I will see it in your post sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There was a moment that my friend told me to have dry cleaning services because she wants me to live with her, but I really don’t have any idea about this such things so I recognized that your works fit in my needs so I thank you so much and God bless you always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was surprised because you did a great job! This blogs for dry cleaning service can be used as reference for projects or thesis about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a really good article about dry cleaning service singapore, you are very specific and precise in every detail, I must say that it was a good one.

    ReplyDelete

  9. Thank you for such a excellent blog post.
    To get information on janitorial services coral gables visit here.

    ReplyDelete